CEDEC Steering Committee
Chairperson: Naoto Yoshioka, SQUARE ENIX
Vice-chairperson: Naohiro Saito, NAMCO BANDAI Games
Program WG Leader: Takashi Shoji, SEGA
Thank you very much for your interest in lecturing at CEDEC 2011.
CEDEC aims to bring together professionals engaged in development of computer entertainment including games and those involved in associated work, allow them to exchange their information and opinions to improve their development capabilities, and advance the industry as a whole.
- Message to those hesitating to apply
- Impressions expressed by previous lecturers include: “The lecturing experience gave me an opportunity to change myself” and “Lecturing changed my perspective as a developer (i.e. providing me overlooking capabilities)”. We hope you give positive consideration for your own future progress.
- If you are feeling that your company is too small or your effort will probably not be useful, that is not true. 60% of CEDEC participants are from small-to-medium-sized developers. CEDEC is *not* a conference designed only for major developers. Any of your ideas and efforts will make a great theme for a CEDEC lecture.
- Message to those who are considering applying for the first time
- We welcome your transformation from a “listener” to a “speaker”. We are certain that such transformation will benefit you.
- Please read “How to Apply” carefully and submit your form.
- Message to those who have lectured at CEDEC before
- Thank you for considering applying again.
- We often hear people say they want to know what might have happened “afterwards” regarding past popular lectures. If you are considering presenting something that will extend your previous lecture, you can add current trends, which will further increase the value of the lecture.
- If you apply with a new theme, your past performance will not be examined. In such cases, you are expected to refresh your mind and commit yourself as a new challenger to compete with other applicants through open application.
- Message to those who applied for CEDEC but was not accepted in the past
- Thank you very much for considering your second challenge.
- You can certainly apply with a new theme or even choose your once rejected application theme by refining it.
- CEDEC examines applicants only using data provided for the current application, regardless of their past performance. Your spirit of revenge will be much appreciated.