Thank you for your interest in presenting talks at CEDEC2021.
CEDEC is a conference for computer entertainment - including video games - industry, and for developers and others engaged in related work in this industry. And through CEDEC we aim to help them improve their respective development capabilities by exchanging information and ideas, and to aim for the overall development of the industry.
In view of these objectives, we ask that proposals for sessions be submitted according to the guidelines outlined below.
1. Please complete all sections of the application form found in the latter part of this file, before attaching the file to an email and forwarding it to .
2. Application period: February 1 to April 1, 10:00 AM ,2021 (Japanese Time)
Precautions for CEDEC2021
- CEDEC2021 will be held online.
- In order to ensure the streaming quality of the session, in principle, we will distribute the presentations broadcast live from the online streaming venue and a pre-recorded video by speakers.
- The session format of the “Interactive Session” is significantly different from the in-person event held at the venue. For details, please refer to “Formats of CEDEC sessions.”
- Regarding the session format of the “Roundtable and Hands-on workshop,” the Steering Committee will prepare an environment where participants can interact with others. For details, refer to “Points to Note” at the bottom of the page.
- Please note that the method of holding the event and plans are subject to change in accordance with the status of COVID-19 and the policies of the national and local governments. In such case, we will promptly notify you of any changes.
CEDEC2021 calls for following session formats:
- Session (60 minutes)
- Short Session (25 minutes)
- Panel Discussion (60 minutes)
- Roundtable (60 minutes)
- Interactive Session
- Hands-on workshop
- CEDEC CHALLENGE
For the details of each session format, please refer to the" Formats of CEDEC sessions".
For CEDEC2021, the Steering Committee has also prepared a guide "Definition of CEDEC Session Genres" for applicants to refer to and be informed about what discussions are expected in each area of computer entertainment development.
Applicants must fill out the following:
|Session title||Please describe these items in such a manner as to communicate effectively to the website audience.
|Ideas to take away|
|Level of difficulty|
|Session details||This section is to provide a detailed description of your presentation to examiners. The expected length of the description is about one A4 page.|
|Session format||Please refer to the "Formats of CEDEC sessions" and specify a format you would like to present.|
|Session Genre||Please refer to the Definition of CEDEC Session Genres and select one "main" genre for your presentation or one for "main" and one for "sub" genres.|
|Target Platforms||View the list of "Target Platforms" and select the most applicable.
More than one may be chosen.
For platform-independent content, select Other.
|Notes||If your presentation requires special equipment or setup, or if you have any other comment, please describe it here.|
|Speaker information||Please insert information about the key presenter and supportive presenter's here|
|Co-researchers, co-developers and contributors||If you would like to credit other personnel other than speaker as collaborators for your work, please describe here.|
Special benefits for public entries and accepted speakers
Special benefits for public entries:
CEDEC2021 Pass at CESA member price
CEDEC2021 logoed sticker
Special benefits for accepted speakers:
Complimentary CEDEC2021 Pass
Session, Panel Discussion, and Roundtable: Speakers will receive up to three conference passes for free-of-charge.
Short Session: Speaker will receive one conference pass for free.
Interactive Session: Complied with the regulations of Session (60 minutes).
The free conference pass will be provided one per person. Thus even when a speaker hold more than one sessions at CEDEC, he or she still receive one pass.
The proposals we receive for sessions will be judged according to the following process.
1) Review based on the content described in the submission form
The CEDEC Steering Committee will review the content, and decide whether the proposal is accepted.
The CEDEC Secretariat will contact the submitters of accepted session proposals, and will commence discussions for session details. Contact is scheduled to be made in .
2) Review based on the submission with additional information
The CEDEC Steering Committee may, where necessary, ask for further information to be provided in addition to that contained in this submission. Contact will be made by the CEDEC Secretariat, who will request that materials explaining the session in more detail be provided. We will review your application based on this material, and decide whether the proposal is accepted.
In cases where we request additional information, contact is scheduled to be made to notify you of the result in .
Streaming services of Session Content
Streaming services of session content for CEDEC 2020 is scheduled to be conducted by the following methods.
1) Time-shifted streaming services (applies to all sessions)
Session content for CEDEC 2021 will be made available through time-shifted streaming video services for a limited duration, starting from the day after a session has ended. All parties considering an application are asked to keep this in mind.
Streaming target: All sessions (excluding interactive, roundtable and hands-on workshop)
Viewers: CEDEC 2021 pass purchasers
Streaming period: The day after a session has ended – September 9, 2021 (plan)
(Sample video is here)
2) Free Live streaming services (applies to certain sessions which have obtained approval from their speakers)
With the goal of introducing the content of CEDEC to a wide audience, content of certain sessions from the conference will be delivered live (up to two sessions simultaneously) on the CEDEC channel of YouTube Live during the conference period.
The representative speakers for each session are requested to indicate whether they will allow live streaming services on the approval forms to be submitted after session selection has been finalized.
Points to Note
Please be mindful of the following points when submitting your application.
Your submission will be received on the assumption that you have obtained an approval from your company and that materials you use do not infringe any copyright or other intellectual property rights.
In particular, be careful not to use materials such as musical pieces subject to copyright management by Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers (JASRAC) or similar organizations, or copyrighted works of other parties, in your presentations.
As every successful applicant is required to lodge a " Memorandum of Understanding" after their selection, we advise you to start necessary preparation early for your presentation.
You may apply multiple sessions. Please send a separate file for each application.
3）Language to use for application
Please complete the application form in either Japanese or English.
4）Specifying a session genre
Upon application, please refer to the "Definition of CEDEC Session Genres", "Target Platforms" and specify a genre you would like to present. The genre you present, however, may be subject to change as a result of examination by the CEDEC Steering Committee.
If at all possible, please keep your "Session description" yet concrete.
If illustrations or other figures are needed for reason of explaining your session proposal, you may add them, but try to keep them around 1 page as a separate file (in Word or PDF).
Supplemental reference materials such as video files can also be attached to your proposal. (Maximum size:20Mbyte)
6）Treatment of co-researchers, co-developers and contributors
If you would like to credit other personnel as collaborators for your work, please indicate them in "Co-researchers, co-developers and contributors ". Their name will appear on the website and guidebook as "contributor", separately from the speaker who will give the actual presentation. Such contributor is assumed to be your supervisor or adviser who has been involved in creating the theme, especially for an academic presentation.
Special benefits for accepted speakers are not applicable to co-researchers, co-developers and contributors.
7）Prohibitions in the public offering session
Please note that the following actions are banned in the public offering session:
Explicitly providing explanations and advertising to encourage purchase of your own title and service
Promoting in a way that is connected to announcing recruitment activities Handing out souvenirs and small gifts to participants
In principle, using a pen name for the speaker instead of his/her real name Using a company name, product name, etc. that are irrelevant to the session content in the session title
Presenting while wearing a mask (this does not refer to a health mask) or cosplay head covering irrelevant to the session content
Using a photo of someone else in the speaker information
7）-2 Deemed sales promotions
If it is determined that the content of your proposal is for the purpose of promoting a commercial technology, we may instead present you with a proposal for the Sponsorship Program.
Commercial technology is an important element in modern-day game development, and therefore it is not our policy to exclude applicants who are offering such technology. If it is determined that promotion is not the primary objective, and that it could contribute to improving the development capabilities of the audience, we will proceed to examine your application as a regular candidate for the sessions.
8) Roundtable and Hands-on workshop session environment
Regarding the session format of the “Roundtable and Hands-on workshop,” the Steering Committee will prepare an environment where participants can interact with others. This has been decided by the Steering Committee as a result of searching for the optimal online method. (We will continue searching for the optimal online method and improving for future conferences) Please submit an application in accordance with the optimal online method.
The Steering Committee will prepare the following environment:
1. Accepted speakers will give a presentation from an area prepared at the venue
2. Those who participate in the discussion and workshop will be asked to use a specified online tool from their environment
- Zoom will be used
- The flow of participation will be determined by the Steering Committee (a system to guide CEDEC attendees through the registration is under way)
- A maximum number of participants for the discussion and workshop will be set
- If the speaker wishes to set an additional number limit, please specify and describe the reason in the application form
- Participants in the discussion and workshop can use an anonymous display name and use the Hide Myself option
- If the speaker wishes to set additional regulations, please specify and describe the reason in the application form
- Only one screen can be used (functions equivalent to the so-called breakout room cannot be used)
3. Other CEDEC participants can watch the sessions using the same viewing system as the regular sessions
- *Time-shifted streaming services are excluded
- With other viewing systems for registered participants, you can respond by chatting
- Speakers are asked to keep this chat feature in mind during presentations
- If you wish to block other participants from watching your presentation, please specify and describe the reason in the application form
9）For overseas applicants
Those who live overseas can apply for the conference, however, due to COVID-19 and travel restrictions, presentation from the online streaming venue will not be available.
If a speaker agrees to this condition, a pre-recorded video prepared by the speaker will be distributed during the conference.
10）Management of application materials
The content of your application will not be used for purposes other than the administration of CEDEC.
Although the Steering Committee, which examines the applications, is comprised of persons from the computer entertainment industry, we assure you that the content of your application will in no way be misappropriated for the benefit of an organization to which the Committee members belong.
The dates and times for public entry sessions to be held will be determined by the Steering Committee.
Please ensure that your schedules allow presentations to be made at any date and time during the conference period.
Also note that we are unable to accept requests for specific dates or times.
12）Introduction of CEDiL
Information on previous sessions up to last year is available on CEDiL (http://cedil.cesa.or.jp), which can be viewed by anyone who completes free membership registration. Please use the information for your reference.
13）Contact from the Secretariat
If the Secretariat needs to contact the applicant, it may do so to the person submitted the application.
If any points are unclear, please feel free to contact email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application.